How do I return my books when I am done?
CBR makes returns easy and free!
- Log in to your CBR account using your email address and password.
- Under Rentals and Purchases, select the item(s) you'd like to return.
- Click Return Books and select the return reason.
- Click Return Books and print both the shipping label and packing slips.
- Place one of packing slip in the package with your books. Keep the other copy of the packing slip for your records.
- Tape the return shipping label to the package being used to return the rental(s).
- Take your box to the local post office to ship your rental(s) back to CBR.
We don't want to have to charge you, so please do not mail your rental(s) in a USPS Priority Shipping box. If your rental(s) arrive in this type of box, you will be charged the entire return shipping cost.
Just remember: ship your rental(s) back to CBR using the steps above and be sure to return all rental(s) to CBR regardless of where your order originated.
Before Your Rental Period Expires
- The return date for your textbook(s) will be posted on your account immediately following your rental charge and will remain posted on your account throughout the rental period.
We know your life is hectic, so we'll send you rental return reminders 15, 10, 7, and 3 days prior to the expiration of your rental period.
- Example: If your rental period ends on May 25th, then you will receive a personalized email from CBR on May 10th reminding you of the upcoming expiration of the rental period.
*Failure to receive an email reminder does not waive your obligation to have your textbook(s) returned or postmarked by the end of the rental term.
Don't return your textbook to a Third Party Shipper
- If a rented textbook(s) is returned to a third party shipper instead of CBR, the customer will be charged a $10.00 fee for the recovery of each book. If a textbook(s) rented from CBR is lost, stolen, or damaged while in transit to a third party shipper, or cannot be located at the shipping facility, then the customer will be charged the list price of the textbook. The customer will be notified via email of these charges.
Textbook is Lost, Stolen or Damaged
- If the rented textbook is lost, stolen, or damaged during your rental period, you will be charged the purchase price of the book at the end of the rental period.
If your textbook(s) is not returned or in transit to our warehouse with the tracking provided by our prepaid return label from your account by the last day of your rental period, then your rental is considered overdue. Your debit or credit card will be charged a late extension fee the first day after your rental due date. A book is considered 'returned' when it is in transit to our warehouse using the prepaid label.
If your textbook(s) is not returned and/or the prepaid Return Label has not been used by 15th day after the rental's due date, then your credit card will be charged the purchase price of the textbook(s), minus the extension fee. Due to the volume of books we ship and receive, if you ship your book back to us after you are charged the purchase price, we will be unable to return it to you .
You will be notified via email of any late charges.
Return of a Purchased Book
If a customer returns a textbook(s) within 20 days of being charged full purchase price for not returning the rented item(s), the charge will be refunded minus a mandatory delinquency fee. Any returns after this time will not qualify for a refund of any amount.
- If the rented textbook is lost, stolen, or damaged during your rental period, your account will be charged for the full purchase price of the rental at the end of the rental term. Due to the volume of books we ship and receive, we are unable to return damaged books to you after they arrive back in our warehouse.
- Each item will be thoroughly inspected for damages upon arrival at our warehouse.
- Examples of unacceptable damages include:
- Torn out or missing pages
- Damaged cover or spine/binding
- Stains on or inside the product
- Water damage
- Any other damages that would determine the book unusable
We don't want to have to charge you, so please be responsible with your rental!
Visual Examples of Damaged Textbooks
- CBR understands that you might need to return your rental prior to its due date for a refund because your class has been dropped or cancelled. To accommodate these changes, CBR allows you to print your prepaid return label from your account anytime and ship your rental back to us. Please select the reason for the early return. Please refer to our Return Policy for general return guidelines. To qualify for a full refund of the rental price minus the cost of return shipping, your books must be postmarked within 21 days of your original order date. When you return your textbook for a refund, a $5 per book processing fee will be deducted from your refund.