How do I return my books when I am done?
CBR makes returns easy and free!
- Log in to your CBR account using your email address and password.
- Under Rentals and Purchases, select the item(s) you'd like to return.
- Click Return Books and select the return reason.
- Click Return Books and print both the shipping label and packing slips.
- Place one slip in the package with your books. Keep the other copy for your records.
- Tape the return shipping label to the package being used to return the rental(s).
- Take your box to the local post office to ship your rental(s) back to CBR.
You may combine multiple orders in the same return box. Please place a copy of each pack slip inside the box and use one return label. Always use a sturdy shipping container and make sure to use packing tape (not scotch or masking tape) to seal your package. Books lost or damaged during return shipment due to improper packaging are the responsibility of the renter and subject to damage fees.
To avoid extra charges, please do not mail your rental(s) in a USPS Priority Shipping box. If your rental(s) arrive in this type of box, you will be charged the entire return shipping cost.
Please carefully check your return package and verify that the books you need to return to CBR match the books listed on your packing slip. Due to the volume of packages received, books shipped to CBR in error cannot be returned.
Just remember: ship your rental(s) back to CBR using the steps above and be sure to return all rental(s) to CBR regardless of where your order originated.
Before Your Rental Period Expires
- The return date for your textbook(s) will be posted on your account immediately following your order confirmation and will remain posted on your account throughout the rental period.
- We know your life is hectic, so we'll send you rental return reminders 15, 10, 7, and 3 days prior to the expiration of your rental period.
Example: If your rental period ends on May 25th, then you will receive a personalized email from CBR on May 10th reminding you of the upcoming expiration of the rental period.
This email will be sent to the email address used to initially place the order containing the item(s) in question, regardless of any other email address(es) on the account before or since. Failure to receive an email reminder does not waive your obligation to have your textbook(s) returned or postmarked by the end of the rental term.
Don't return your textbook to a Third Party Shipper
- If a rented textbook(s) is returned to a third party shipper instead of CBR, you will be charged a $10.00 fee for the recovery of each book. If a textbook(s) rented from CBR is lost, stolen, or damaged while in transit to a third party shipper, or cannot be located at the shipping facility, then the customer will be charged the list price of the textbook. The customer will be notified via email of these charges.
Textbook is Lost, Stolen or Damaged
- If the rented textbook is lost, stolen, or damaged during your rental period, you will be charged the purchase price of the book at the end of the rental period.
A book is considered "returned" on time when it is in transit to our warehouse on or before the due date. Therefore, if your textbook(s) is not in transit to our warehouse with the tracking provided by our prepaid return label from your account by the last day of your rental period, then your rental is considered overdue. Your debit or credit card may be charged a late extension fee the first day after your rental due date. This charge will extend the rental term for 7 days.
If your textbook(s) is not returned and/or the prepaid return label not used by the extended due date, then your credit card will be charged the purchase price of the textbook and the book(s) will be yours to keep.
You will be notified via email of any late charges. This email will be sent to the email address used to initially place the order containing the item(s) in question, regardless of any other email address(es) on the account before or since.
Return of a Purchased Book
If you return a textbook(s) after being charged the full purchase price for not returning the rented item(s), the charge will not be refunded. You will be notified via email if the book is received. You may request the textbook(s) be returned to you, at your cost, or you may have the option to sell the item(s) to CBR based on the current buyback price listed on our website (if available). The book will be held for 10 days from receipt. After 10 days, the book(s) will be considered abandoned and will be donated or recycled and cannot be retrieved.
- If the rented textbook is lost, stolen, or damaged during your rental period, your account will be charged for the full purchase price of the rental at the end of the rental term. Each item will be thoroughly inspected for damages upon arrival at our warehouse.
- Examples of unacceptable damages include, but are not limited to
- Torn or missing pages
- Damaged cover or spine/binding
- Stains on or inside the product
- Water damage
- Excessive highlighting/writing (workbooks received with missing or completed pages will not be accepted and will be charged)
- Any other damages that would determine the book unusable
Please be responsible with your rental!
Visual Examples of Damaged Textbooks
- CBR understands that you might need to return your rental prior to its due date for a refund because your class has been dropped or cancelled. To accommodate these changes, CBR allows you to print your prepaid return label from your account anytime and ship your rental back to us. Please select the reason for the early return. To qualify for a refund of the rental price (less the initial shipping fee), your books must be postmarked within 21 days of your original order date. When you return the textbook for a refund, a $5 per book return processing fee will be deducted from your refund.